Greatworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1757
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GREATWORTH, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; 2½ miles NNE of Farthinghoe r. station, and 4½ NW by N of Brackley. Post town, Farthinghoe, under Brackley. Acres, 863. Real property, £2, 243. Pop., 157. Houses, 39. The manor beloggs to William Pulsford, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £291. Patron, Mr. Beechey. The church consists of gave and chancel, with an embattled tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, with £22 from endowment, and charities £24.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brackley
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Brackley
- Poor Law Union: Brackley
- Hundred: Chipping Warden
- Province: Canterbury