Great Oakley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1562
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OAKLEY (Great), a village and a parish in Kettering district, Northampton. The village stands on an affluent of the river Nen, 2½ miles N N E of Rushton r.station, and 5 N of Kettering; and has a letter-box under Kettering. The parish comprises 2, 810 acres. Real property, £2, 832. Pop., 195. Houses, 42. The manor belongs to Sir W. de Capell Brooke, Bart. Great Oakley Hall is the seat of Col. T. H. Pearson. The parish is a meet for the Patchly hounds. The living is a donative in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £50. Patron, Sir W. deBrooke, Bart. The church is ancient but good; and consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Kettering
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Weldon
- Poor Law Union: Kettering
- Hundred: Corby
- Province: Canterbury