Great Houghton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
- Little Houghton
- Preston Deanery
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HOUGHTON (GREAT), a parish in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire; near the river Nen and the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 2¾ miles ESE of Northampton. Post town, Northampton. Acres, 1,783. Real property, £4,646. Pop., 365. Houses, 78. The property is divided among a few. Great Houghton Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £620. Patron, Magdalen College, Oxford. The church is an edifice in the Italian style. Charities, £4.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Hardingstone
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Preston
Poor Law Union: Hardingstone