Great Harrowden is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Harrowden Magna
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1672
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
- Little Harrowden
- Wellingborough All Hallows
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARROWDEN (GREAT), a village and a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton. The village stands adjacent to the Bedford and Leicester railway, 2 miles N of Wellingborough; and has a post office under Wellingborough. The parish comprises 1,415 acres. Real property, £2,118. Pop., 125. Houses, 25. All the property, with Harrowden House, belongs to the Wentworth Fitzwilliam family. The living is a Vicarage, united with the vicarage of Little Harrowden, in the diocese of Peterborongh. Value, £575. Patron, the Hon. G. Wentworth Fitzwilliam. The church is good, has a square tower, and contains a brass of 1423. There is a subscription school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Wellingborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Wellingborough