Great Doddington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Primitive Methodist.
- Earls Barton
- Wellingborough All Hallows
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DODDINGTON (Great), a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; on the river Nen and the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 1¾ mile SW of Wellingborough r. station, and 2½ S by W of Wellingborough. Post town, Wellingborough. Acres, 1,310. Real property, £3,021. Pop., 580. Houses, 114. . The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £165. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has a tower and is good. There are an Independent chapel, and charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Wellingborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Wellingborough