Great Addington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1693
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
- Denford with Ringstead
- Little Addington
- Burton Latimer
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ADDINGTON (Great), a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton; on the river Nen, near Ringstead r. station, 4½ miles SW of Thrapston. Post Town, Ring stead under Thrapston. Acres, 1,230. Real property, £1,919. Pop., 307. Houses, 67. The property is somewhat divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £420. Patron, Mrs. Clay. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 - Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 - Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Thrapston
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Higham Ferrers
Poor Law Union: Thrapston