Grafton Underwood is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GRAFTON-UNDERWOOD, a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; 4 miles ENE of Kettering town and r. station. Post town, Kettering. Acres, 2, 050. Real property, £1, 871. Pop. . 294. Houses, 59. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £260. Patron, Lord Lyveden. The church has a spire, and contains monuments to the Earl of Ossory and the ladies Fitzpatrick. There are a free school, and charities £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Kettering
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Higham Ferrers
- Poor Law Union: Kettering
- Hundred: Huxloe
- Province: Canterbury