Glinton is a chapelry of Peakirk Ancient Parish in Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1567
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GLINTON, a parish in Peterborough district, Northampton; 1 mile WSW of Peakirk r. station, and 3 SSE of Market-Deeping. Post town, Market-Deeping. Acres, 1, 380. Real property, £3, 575. Pop., 421. Houses, 88. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Peakirk, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is decorated English; has a later English tower, and lofty octagonal spire; contains a piscina and two curious ancient chests; and was recently restored. There are chapels for Independents and Primitive Methodists, an endowed national school, and charities £104.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Peterborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Peterborough
- Poor Law Union: Peterborough
- Hundred: Nassaborough
- Province: Canterbury