Glendon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1794
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GLENDON, a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; adjacent to the Leicester and Bedford railway, 2½ miles NW of Kettering. Post town, Kettering. The returns include the extra-parochial tract of Barford. Acres, 1, 490. Real property, £1, 896. Pop., 63. Houses, 10. Glendon Hall is the seat of the Booth family, and contains some interesting portraits. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £35. Patrons, the Executors of the late Mr. Booth.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Kettering
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Kettering
- Hundred: Rothwell
- Province: Canterbury