Glapthorn is a chapelry of Cotterstock Ancient Parish in Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1568
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GLAPTHORN, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; near the river Nen, and the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 1½ mile NNW of Oundle. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 1, 370. Real property, £1, 758. Pop., 396. Houses, 80. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Cotterstock, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is ancient. There are a free school, and charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Oundle
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Oundle
- Poor Law Union: Oundle
- Hundred: Willybrook
- Province: Canterbury