Flore is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.

Other places in the parish include: Glassthorpe and Upper Heyford.

Alternative names: Floore, Flower

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1653
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706

Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Society of Friends/Quaker.

Adjacent Parishes

  • Harpole
  • Brington
  • Dodford
  • Heyford
  • Brockhall
  • Weedon Bec

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

FLOORE, or Flower, a village and a parish in Daventry district, Northampton. The village stands on the river Nen, 1 mile NE of Weedon r. station, and 5½ ESE of Daventry; was known at Domesday as Flora; and has a post office under Weedon. The parish comprises 3,390 acres. Real property, £6,889. Pop., 1,138. Houses, 255. The property is much subdivided. Floore House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £467. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church belonged to Merton abbey, and is good. There are an Independent chapel, an endowed school, and charities £37.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Administration

County: Northamptonshire
Civil Registration District: Daventry
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Diocese: Peterborough
Rural Deanery: Haddon
Poor Law Union: Daventry
Hundred: Nobottle Grove
Province: Canterbury