Fineshade is an extra-parochial place. Search surrounding parishes for records and information.
Alternative names: Fineshade Priory
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: Search surrounding parishes
- Bishop’s Transcripts: Search surrounding parishes
- King’s Cliffe
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FINESHADE, a ville-chapelry in the district of Uppingham and county of Northampton; near the river Welland and the boundary with Rutland, 4½ miles SSW of Ketton r. station, and 8 NNW of Oundle. Post town, Duddington, under Stamford. Acres, 840. Real property, £920. Pop., 73. Houses, 15. An Angustinian priory was built here, in the time of King John, by Richard Engain, on the site of an ancient fortress called Castle Hymel; and was given, at the dissolution, to the Russells. Fineshade House now occupies the priory’s site. The living is a donative in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, not reported. Patron,Kirkham, Esq.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Uppingham
Probate Court: Search the courts of the surrounding parishes
Diocese: Not Applicable
Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
Poor Law Union: Uppingham