Faxton is a chapelry of Lamport Ancient Parish in Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1569
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FAXTON, a chapelry in Lamport parish, Northampton; 2 miles E of Lamport r. station, and 4½ SSW of Rothwell. Post town, Lamport, under Northampton, Acres, with Mawsley, 2,120. Pop., exclusive of Mawsley, 79; inclusive, 90. Houses, exc., 17; inc., 19. It was returned as a parish in 1831, and previous decades; as a chapelry belonging to Lamport, in 1841; as a chapelry or parish, inclusive of Mawsley, in 1851; and as a parish, exclusive of Mawsley, in 1861. It appears ecclesiastically not to have any status, but to be considered as part of Lamport.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Brixworth
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Brixworth