Farthingstone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Farthingston
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist
- Preston Capes
- Stowe Nine Churches
- Weedon Bec
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARTHINGSTONE, a parish in Daventry district, Northampton; 3 miles SSW of Weedon r. station, and 5½ SW by S of Daventry. It has a post office under Weedon. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £2,818. Pop., 316. Houses, 78. The property is much subdivided. A double-ditched camp, of 13 acres, with lofty keep and mount, is on the brow of a hill; was found, on excavation, to have two vaulted rooms, one over the other; and bears the name of Castle-Dykes. Another ancient camp, of seven acres, is within the parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £285. Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is ancient and handsome; has an embattled tower; and recently underwent complete repair. Charities, £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Daventry
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Daventry
Poor Law Union: Daventry