Farthinghoe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
- Kings Sutton
- Marston St Lawrence
- Middleton Cheney
- Newbottle with Charlton
- Hinton in the Hedges with Steane
- Brackley St Peter
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARTHINGHOE, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; on the Buckingham and Banbury railway, 5¾ miles NW of Brackley. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Brackley. Acres, 1,471. Real property, £3,128. Pop., 392. Houses, 92. The property is divided among a few. Farthinghoe House is the seat of the Rush family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £434. Patron, Alfred Rush, Esq. The church has an embattled tower, and is good. Thicknesse, the tourist, was a native.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Brackley
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Brackley
Poor Law Union: Brackley
Hundred: King’s Sutton