Eye is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1543
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Reform.
- Thorney Abbey, Cambridgeshire
- Peterborough St John the Baptist
- Whittlesey St Andrew, Cambridgeshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EYE, a parish in Peterborough district, Northampton; adjacent to Catswater, and to the Peterborough and Lynn railway, 3¼ miles N of Peterborough. It has a post-office under Peterborough, and a r. station. Acres, 2,670. Real property, £6,410. Pop., 1,375. Houses, 329. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £312. Patron, the Bishop of P. The church was rebuilt in 1846, and has a lofty spire of 1862. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Peterborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Peterborough
- Poor Law Union: Peterborough
- Hundred: Nassaborough
- Province: Canterbury