Eydon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Moravian/United Brethren, and Society of Friends/Quaker.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EYDON, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; 5½ miles ENE of Cropredy r. station, and 9 SSW of Daventry. It has a post office under Banbury. Acres, 1, 620. Real property, £3, 759. Pop., 576. Houses, 130. The property is divided among a few. Eydon Lodge is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £420. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good, and has a Norman font. A Wesleyan chapel was founded in 1860; and there are chapels for Quakers and Moravians.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brackley
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Brackley
- Poor Law Union: Brackley
- Hundred: Chipping Warden
- Province: Canterbury