Everdon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Snorescombe, Snorscomb, Great Everdon, and Little Everdon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Preston Capes
- Weedon Bec
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EVERDON, a parish in Daventry district, Northampton; on a head-stream of the river Nen, 3 miles WSW of Weedon r. station, and 4 SSE of Daventry. It consists of Great Everdon and Little Everdon; and includes the hamlet of Snorscomb. Post town, Weedon. Acres, 1, 900. Real property, £5, 485. Pop., 740. Houses, 179. The property is subdivided. The manor belonged once to Bernay abbey in Normandy; and was given, in the time of Henry VI., to Eton College. Everdon Hall is the seat of the Philpots. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £465. Patron, Eton College. The church is partly decorated English. There are an Independent chapel, and charities £71.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Daventry
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Daventry
- Poor Law Union: Daventry
- Hundred: Fawsley
- Province: Canterbury