Etton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Woodcroft.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1587
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ETTON, a parish in Peterborough district, Northampton; near the Helpstone station of the Peterborough and Stamford railway, 6¼ miles NNW of Peterborough. It contains the hamlet of Woodcroft; and its post town is Helpstone, under Market-Deeping. Acres, 1, 270. Real property, £2, 065. Pop., 160. Houses, 30. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £398. Patron, Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church is ancient, and was recently repaired.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Peterborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Peterborough
- Poor Law Union: Peterborough
- Hundred: Nassaborough
- Province: Canterbury