Easton Maudit is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1704
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EASTON-MAUDIT, a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; adjacent to Bedfordshire, 3 miles SSE of Castle-Ashby r. station, and 6½ S of Wellingborough. Post town, Yardley-Hastings, under Northampton. Acres, 1, 764. Real property, £1, 692. Pop., 207. Houses, 46. The property is all in one estate. Easton Park was formerly the seat of the Longuevilles and the Yelvertons. Limestone occurs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £144. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church contains some ancient monuments; has a spire with flying buttresses; and was completely restored in 1861. Bishop Percy was vicar.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Wellingborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Higham Ferrers
- Poor Law Union: Wellingborough
- Hundred: Higham Ferrers
- Province: Canterbury