Easton by Stamford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Easton, Easton on the Hill
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1578
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
Nonconformists include: Society of Friends/Quaker and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Stamford All Saints with St Peter, Lincolnshire
- King’s Cliffe
- Tinwell, Rutlandshire
- Stamford Baron St Martin
- Ketton, Rutlandshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EASTON, a parish in the district of Stamford and county of Northampton; at the verge of the county, on the river Welland, and on the Syston and Peterborough railway, 2 miles WSW of Stamford. It has a post office under Stamford. Acres, 3, 170. Real property, £3, 985. Pop., 984. Houses, 223. Easton Hall is the seat of the Shuttleworths. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £440. Patron, the Marquis of Exeter. The church is ancient, and has a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel. A school has £82 from endowment; and other charities have £66.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Stamford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Peterborough
- Poor Law Union: Stamford
- Hundred: Willybrook
- Province: Canterbury