East Haddon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1552
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent/Congregational.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HADDON (EAST), a village and a parish in Brixworth district, Northamptonshire. The village stands 5 miles E of Crick r. station, and 7½ NW of Northampton; and has a post office under Northampton. The parish comprises 2, 572 acres. Real property, £4, 858. Pop., 727. Houses, 152. The property is divided among a few. Haddon Hall is the seat of Mrs. Sawbridge. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £170. Patrons, the Rev. W. Smyth and Mrs. Sawbridge. The church is ancient and very good; has decorated English portions; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with porch and embattled tower. There are an Independent chapel, and charities £9.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brixworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Haddon
- Poor Law Union: Brixworth
- Hundred: Nobottle Grove
- Province: Canterbury