East Farndon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1562
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Little Bowden
- Lubenham, Leicestershire
- Thorpe Lubenham
- Marston Trussel
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARNDON (East), a parish in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; on the Grand Union canal, 2 miles SSW of Market-Harborough r. station. Post town, Market-Harborough, under Rugby. Acres, 1, 070. Real property, £3, 448. Pop., 242. Houses, 57. A mineral well is here, called Caldwell spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400. Patron, St. John’s College, Oxford. The church has a tower, and is tolerable. Charities, £31.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Market Harborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Market Harborough
- Hundred: Rothwell
- Province: Canterbury