East Carlton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1625
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CARLTON (East), a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; near the river Welland, 3½ miles SW of Rockingham r. station, and 7 E by N of Market-Harborough. Post town, Rockingham, under Leicester. Acres, 1,598. Real property, £3,293. Pop., 70. Houses, 17. The property is divided among a few. Carlton House is a seat of Sir J. H. Palmer, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £108. Patron, Sir J. H. Palmer, Bart. The church is modern, and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Kettering
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Weldon
- Poor Law Union: Kettering
- Hundred: Corby
- Province: Canterbury