Duston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1692
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist
- Northampton St Peter
- Northampton All Saints
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DUSTON, a parish in the district and county of Northampton; on the river Nen, adjacent to the Grand Union canal, near the Northampton and Peterborough and the London and Northwestern railways, 2 miles W of Northampton. Post-town, Northampton. Acres, 1,760. Real property, £6,527. Pop. in 1851, 714; in 1861, 1,162. Houses, 250. The property is divided among a few. The increase of population between 1851 and 1861 was occasioned by the erection of two iron foundries at St. James-End. Some extent of quarrying is carried on. Some remains exist of an Augustinian monastery, founded in the 12th century by William Peverell, and styled St. James' abbey. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborouh. Value, £159. Patron, Viscount Palmerston. The church is good; and has a tower. There are chapels for Independents and Baptists, and charities £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Northampton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Northampton
Poor Law Union: Northampton
Hundred: Nobottle Grove