Duddington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Northamptonshire, created in 1733 from chapelry in Gretton Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1733
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- King’s Cliffe
- Tixover, Rutlandshire
- Ketton, Rutlandshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DUDDINGTON, a parish in the district of Stamford and county of Northampton; on the river Welland, at the boundary with Rutland, 3 miles SE of Luffenham r. station, and 5½ SW of Stamford. It has a post office under Stamford. Acres, 1, 400. Real property, £2, 661. Pop., 422. Houses, 94. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £115. Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is ancient but good, with a tower; and there is an Independent chapel. A school has £10 from endowment; and other charities £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Stamford
- Probate Court: Pre-1851 - Court of the Peculiar of Gretton, Post-1850 - Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1851 - None, Post-1850 - Weldon
- Poor Law Union: Stamford
- Hundred: Willybrook
- Province: Canterbury