Draughton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DRAUGHTON, a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton; adjacent to the Stamford and Blisworth railway, 1¾ mile NE of Lamport r. station, and 4½ N by E of Brixworth. Post town, Maidwell, under Northampton. Acres, 1, 477. Real property, £2, 607. Pop., 190. Houses, 39. The property is all in one estate. Building stone is found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £343. Patron, H. H. H. Hungerford, Esq. The church is very good; and there is an Independent chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brixworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Brixworth
- Hundred: Rothwell
- Province: Canterbury