Dodford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1581
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
- Weedon Bec
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DODFORD, a parish in Daventry district, Northampton; adjacent to the Northwestern railway, 1½ mile NW of Weedon r. station, and 3 SE by E of Daventry. Post town, Weedon. Acres, 1, 180. Real property, £3, 045. Pop., 238. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, 223. Patron, T. R. Thornton, Esq. The church has a tower, an ancient font, two ancient effigies, and two brasses; and is good. Charities, £30.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Daventry
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Daventry
- Poor Law Union: Daventry
- Hundred: Fawsley
- Province: Canterbury