Dingley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1583
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DINGLEY, a parish in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; on the river Welland, at the boundary with Leicester, and on the Leicester and Bedford railway, 2¼ miles E of Market-Harborough. Post town, Market-Harborough, under Rugby. Acres, 1, 317. Real property, £2, 709. Pop., 111. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. Dingley Hall is the seat of H. H. Hungerford, Esq.; and occupies the site of a Templars’ preceptory, founded in the time of Stephen. The land is hilly. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £340. Patron, H. H. Hungerford, Esq. The church is very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Market Harborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Weldon
- Poor Law Union: Market Harborough
- Hundred: Corby
- Province: Canterbury