Denton is a chapelry of Yardley Hastings Ancient Parish in Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1705
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent/Congregational.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DENTON, a parish in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire; 2½ miles SSE of Billing-Road r. station, and 6 ESE of Northampton. Post town, Little Houghton, under Northampton. Acres, 1, 970. Real property, £1, 509. Pop., 578. Houses, 132. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Yardley-Hastings, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is good; and there are charities £17.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Hardingstone
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Preston
- Poor Law Union: Hardingstone
- Hundred: Wymersley
- Province: Canterbury