Denford with Ringstead, Northamptonshire Family History Guide

Denford with Ringstead is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.

Other places in the parish include: Ringstead.

Alternative names: Denford

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

Denford with Ringstead

  • Parish registers: 1596
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706

Ringstead

  • Parish registers: 1569
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706

Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.

Adjacent Parishes

  • Keyston
  • Great Addington
  • Thrapston
  • Little Addington
  • Woodford
  • Titchmarsh
  • Raunds

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

DENFORD, a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton; on the river Nen, adjacent to the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 1½ mile S of Thrapston. Post town, Thrapston. Acres, 1, 940. Real property, £2, 477. Pop., 429. Houses, 91. Denford Lodge is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Ringstead, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £230. Patron, the Rev. A. J. Sandilands. The church is early English, and has a tower and spire.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Maps

Old maps of Britain and Europe from A Vision of Britain Through Time

Administration

  • County: Northamptonshire
  • Civil Registration District: Thrapston
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
  • Diocese: Peterborough
  • Rural Deanery: Higham Ferrers
  • Poor Law Union: Thrapston
  • Hundred: Higham Ferrers; Huxloe
  • Province: Canterbury