Culworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1563
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Moravian/United Brethren.
- Moreton Pinkney
- Thorpe Mandeville
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CULWORTH, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; 4¾ miles N of Farthinghoe r. station, and 7¾ NE of Banbury. It has a post office under Banbury. Acres, 2, 246. Real property, £4, 863. Pop., 652. Houses, 142. The property is divided among a few. Culworth House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory and a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £528. Patron, W. Wilson, Esq. The church is of various dates, ancient, and good; and consists of nave, aisles, chancel, and porch. There are chapels for Baptists and Moravians. A school has £77 from endowment; and other charities £45.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brackley
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Brackley
- Poor Law Union: Brackley
- Hundred: King’s Sutton
- Province: Canterbury