Crick is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CRICK, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in the district of Rugby and county of Northampton. The village stands near Watling-street, adjacent to the Union canal, 2 miles NE of the Kilsby tunnel of the North-western railway, and 6 ½ miles ESE of Rugby; and has a station, 3 miles distant, on the railway, and a post-office under Rugby. The parish comprises 3, 930 acres. Real property, £7, 519. Pop., 999. Houses, 236. The property is much subdivided. The surface is traversed by a ridge of hills, forming the watershed between the basin of the Avon and the basins of the Ouse and the Nen. A tunnel of the canal through this ridge, in the vicinity of the village, is 1, 524 yards long. The parish is a meet for the Pytchley hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £890. Patron, St. John’s College, Oxford. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, and charities £70. Arch-bishop Land-was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Rugby
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Haddon
- Poor Law Union: Rugby
- Hundred: Guilsborough
- Province: Canterbury