Cranford St John is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: St John Cranford
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1627
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CRANFORD-ST. ANDREW and CRANFORD-ST. JOHN, two parishes in Kettering district, Northampton; on the Kettering and Huntingdon railway, 4 miles-ESE of Kettering. They have a post office, of the name of Cranford, under Kettering, and a r. station. Acres, 2, 420. Real property, £3 472. Pop., 553. Houses, 113. The property is not much divided. Cranford Hall is the seat of Sir G. Robinson, Bart. The livings are rectories, united to each other, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £348. Patron, Sir G. Robinson, Bart. The churches are good. Charities, £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Kettering
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Higham Ferrers
- Poor Law Union: Kettering
- Hundred: Huxloe
- Province: Canterbury