Courteenhall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COURTEENHALL, a parish in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire; adjacent to the Northwestern railway and the Grand Junction canal, 1½ mile NE of Roade r. station, and 5 S of Northampton. Post town, Northampton. Acres, 1, 330. Real property, £2, 349. Pop., 162. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Courteenhall House, belongs to Sir Charles Wake, Bart. Limestone is found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £275. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient, but good; and it contains monuments of the Wakes, and an altar-tomb of Samuel Jones, who died in 1672, and left funds for a school and apprenticing, which now yield £120 a year.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Hardingstone
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Preston
- Poor Law Union: Hardingstone
- Hundred: Wymersley
- Province: Canterbury