Cottingham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Middleton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
- East Carlton
- Beanfield Lawns
- Bringhurst, Leicestershire
- Great Oakley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COTTINGHAM, a village and a parish in Kettering district, Northampton. The village stands near the river Welland, and the boundaries with Leicester and Rutland, 2½ miles SW of Rockingham r. station, and 8¼ N of Kettering. The parish includes also Middleton township; and its post town is Rockingham, under Leicester. Acres, 3, 286. Real property, £6, 780. Pop., 1, 139. Houses, 240. The property is subdivided. Cottingham House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £426. Patron, Brazenose College, Oxford. The church is good; and there are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities £43.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Kettering
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Weldon
- Poor Law Union: Kettering
- Hundred: Corby
- Province: Canterbury