Cottesbrooke is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Cottesbrook
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1630
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
- Great Creaton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COTTESBROOK, a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 2¾ miles WSW of Lamport r. station, and 3 NW of Brixworth. Post town, Lamport, under Northampton. Acres, 2, 780. Real property, £5, 387. Pop., 201. Houses, 46. The property is all in one estate. Cottesbrook House is the seat of Sir J. Langham, Bart. Traces exist of a small priory, which was a cell to Sulby abbey. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400. Patron, Sir J. Langham, Bart. The church is good. An alms-hospital, founded in 1655, by John Langham, Esq., has £60 from endowment; and other charities £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brixworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Haddon
- Poor Law Union: Brixworth
- Hundred: Guilsborough
- Province: Canterbury