Cosgrove is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Old Stratford and Puxley.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1691
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
- Stony Stratford, Buckinghamshire
- Wolverton, Buckinghamshire
- Hanslope, Buckinghamshire
- Castlethorpe, Buckinghamshire
- Passenham with Deanshanger
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COSGROVE, a village and a parish in Potterspury district, Northampton. The village stands near the Bucks boundary, Watling-street, the Buckingham and Grand Junction canals, and the confluence of the Tove and Ouse rivers, 1½ mile N of Stony Stratford, and 1¾ NW of Wolverton r. station; and has a post office under Stony Stratford. The parish includes also part of the hamlets of Old Stratford and Puxley. Acres, 1, 760. Real property, £5, 323. Pop., 776. Houses, 143. The property is divided among a few. Cosgrove House is the seat of Mrs. H. Mansel. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £363. Patron, Mrs. H. Mansel. The church is old but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Potterspury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Preston
- Poor Law Union: Potterspury
- Hundred: Cleley
- Province: Canterbury