Corby is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1684
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Little Oakley
- Great Weldon
- Great Oakley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CORBY, a village, a parish, a sub-district, and a hundred in Northampton. The village stands on an affluent of the river Nen, 3½ miles SSE of Rockingham r. station, and 7½ NNE of Kettering; and has a post office under Thrapston. The parish comprises 2, 800 acres. Real property, £3, 445. Pop., 794. Houses, 188. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400. Patron, the Earl of Cardigan. The church is ancient. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a free school, and an endowed British school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Kettering
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Weldon
- Poor Law Union: Kettering
- Hundred: Corby
- Province: Canterbury