Collyweston, Northamptonshire Family History Guide

Collyweston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.

Alternative names:

  • Colley Weston
  • Colleyweston
  • Colly Weston

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1541
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

COLLEY-WESTON, a parish in the district of Stamford, and county of Northampton; on the river Welland, at the boundary with Rutland, 1 mile SSE of Ketton r. station, and 3 ½ SW of Stamford. Post town, Duddington, under Stamford. Acres, 1, 690. Real property, £3, 297. Pop., 473. Houses, 104. The property is divided among a few. Slate is quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £252. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is of the 14th century, and good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Maps

Old maps of Britain and Europe from A Vision of Britain Through Time

Administration

  • County: Northamptonshire
  • Civil Registration District: Stamford
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Peterborough
  • Rural Deanery: Peterborough
  • Poor Law Union: Stamford
  • Hundred: Willybrook
  • Province: Canterbury