Clay Coton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Claycoton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1541
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Stanford on Avon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLAY-COTON, a parish in the district of Rugby and county of Northampton; on an affluent of the river Avon, 1 mile S of Stanford Hall r. station, and 7 E by N of Rugby. Post town, Yelvertoft, under Rugby. Acres, 974. Real property, £2, 129. Pop., 112. Houses, 22. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £339. Patron, the Rev. J. T. H. Smith. The church was reported in 1859 as bad.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Rugby
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Haddon
- Poor Law Union: Rugby
- Hundred: Guilsborough
- Province: Canterbury