Chelveston cum Caldecott is a chapelry of Higham Ferrers Ancient Parish in Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Caldecott and Caldecot.
- Chelveton cum Caldecot
Parish church: St. John the Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1572
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHELVESTON-CUM-CALDECOT, a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton near the river Nen and the Peterborough railway, 2¼ miles E of Higham-Ferrers r. station, and 6½ S of Thrapston. Post town, Higham-Ferrers. Acres, 1, 730. Real property, £2, 539. Pop., 454. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Higham-Ferrers, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is good. A school has £24 from endowment, and alms-houses £19.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
CHELVESTON (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Thrapston, hundred of HighamFerrers, N. division of the county of Northampton, 2 miles (E. by N.) from Higham-Ferrers; containing, with the hamlet of Caldecott, 372 inhabitants. This parish, which consists of 1754a. 3r. 36p., extends from the river Nene to the border of Bedfordshire, and the road from Higham-Ferrers to Kimbolton crosses it. The living is united to the vicarage of Higham-Ferrers: the tithes were commuted for land in 1801. A school was founded in 1760, by Abigail Bailey and Ann Levett, who endowed it with land, producing £12 per annum. James Sawyer, in 1708, endowed almshouses with £18 per annum.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Thrapston
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Higham Ferrers
- Poor Law Union: Thrapston
- Hundred: Higham Ferrers
- Province: Canterbury