Bulwick is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1563
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
- Apethorpe with Woodnewton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BULWICK, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 4½ miles ESE of Seaton r. station, and 7 NW by W of Oundle. It has a post office under Wansford. Acres, inclusive of Bulwick-Short-Leys, 1,910. Real property, £3,241. Pop., 393. Houses, 76. The property is divided among a few. Bulwick Hall is the seat of Tho. Tryon, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £466. Patron, T. Tryon, Esq. The church is decorated and later English, and has an elegant tower and spire. Charities, £35.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Oundle
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weldon
Poor Law Union: Oundle