Bugbrooke is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Upper Heyford.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1556
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Stowe Nine Churches
- Cold Higham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUGBROOKE, a parish and a subdistrict in the district and county of Northampton. The parish lies on Watling-street, the Grand Junction canal, and the Northwestern railway, 3 miles SE of Weedon station, and 5½ WSW of Northampton; and has a post office under Weedon. Acres, 2,420. Real property, £5,391. Pop., 935. Houses, 213. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value £741. Patron, the Rev. J. H. Harrison, sen. The church is ancient; and has a screen and an octagonal font. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and charities £20. The subdistrict contains six parishes. Acres, 9,545. Pop., 3,450. Houses, 765.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Northampton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Haddon
Poor Law Union: Northampton
Hundred: Nobottle Grove