Broughton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Kettering St Peter and St Paul
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BROUGHTON, a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, near the Leicester and Bedford railway, 3 miles SW of Kettering. It has a post office under Wellingborough. Acres, 2,560. Real property, 3,791. Pop., 738. Houses, 175. Most of the property is divided among three. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £394. Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church is partly Norman, and was restored in 1854. There are a Methodist chapel, a national school, and charities £13. R. Botton, the puritan, was a native and rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Kettering
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Kettering