Brington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Little Brington, Great Brington, Nobottle, and Norbottle.
Alternative names: Briton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- East Haddon
- Long Buckby
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRINGTON, or Briton, two villages and a parish in Brixworth district, Northampton. The villages are Great Brington and Little Brington; and the former stands 1 mile N of the latter, in the western vicinity of Althorp Park, 4 miles NNE of Weedon r. station, and 7 NW of Northampton, and has a post office under Northampton. The parish includes also the hamlet of Nobottle. Acres, 3,761. Real property, £6,459. Pop., 806. Houses, 176. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £434. Patron, Earl Spencer. The church contains some fine monuments of the Spencer family; has a fine set of open benches of the 15th century; and is good. There are Baptist and Wesleyen chapels, an endowed school, and a poors' estate £225 a-year. Archbishop Chicheley was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Brixworth
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Haddon
Poor Law Union: Brixworth
Hundred: Nobottle Grove