Braybrooke is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Bradybrooke, Braybrook
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Baptist
- Brampton Ash
- Little Bowden
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRAYBROOKE, a village and a parish in the district of Market-Harborough, and county of Northampton. The village stands near the Leicester and Bedford railway, 3 miles SSE of Market-Harborough; and has a post office under Market-Harborough. It gives the title of Baron to the family of Neville-Griffin. The parish comprises 3,060 acres. Real property, £4,923. Pop., 458. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Griffins, ancestors of Lord Braybrooke, and had a castle. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £600. Patron, the Rev. J. W. Field. The church contains effigies of Sir T. Latimer and Sir N. Griffin; and is good. There are a Baptist chapel, and charities £21. Robert de Braybrooke, Lord Chancellor at the beginning of the 15th century, was a native.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Market Harborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Market Harborough