Brampton Ash is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Brampton, Brampton by Dingley
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1580
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1701
- Stoke Albany
- Sutton Bassett
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRAMPTON, or Brampton-Ash, a parish in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; near the Market-Harborough and Bedford railway, 4 miles E by S of Market-Harborough. Post Town, Wilbarston, under Rugby. Acres, 2,259. Real property, £3,299. Pop., 107. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400. Patron, Earl Spencer. The church has two brasses, and is good. Charities, £6. Bishop Cumberland was some time rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Market Harborough
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weldon
Poor Law Union: Market Harborough