Brafield on the Green is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Brafield
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Little Billing
- Little Houghton
- Great Billing
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRAFIELD, a parish and a subdistrict in Hardingstone district, Northampton. The parish is called also Brafield-on-the-Green; and lies 1 ½ mile S by E of Billing Road r. station, and 5 E by S of Northampton. Post Town, Little Houghton, under Northampton. Acres, 1,980. Real property, £2,442. Pop., 494. Houses, 108. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Little Houghton, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church was restored in 1858. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and charities £16. The subdistrict contains seven parishes. Pop., 3,414.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Hardingstone
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Preston
Poor Law Union: Hardingstone