Boddington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Lower Boddington, Lower Bodington, Upper Bodington, and Upper Boddington.
Alternative names: Bodington
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1704
Nonconformists include: Methodist
- Aston le Walls
- Priors Marston
- Claydon with Mollington
- Priors Hardwick
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BODDINGTON, or Bodington, a parish in the district of Banbury and county of Northampton; near the Oxford canal, 3½ miles E by N of Fenny-Compton r. station, and 9 SW of Daventry. It includes the villages of Lower and Upper Boddington; and has a post office, of the name of Boddington, under Daventry. Acres, 3,770. Real property, £6,265. Pop., 724. Houses, 161. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £757. Patron, Emmanuel College, Cambridge. The church is handsome. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school, and charities £47.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 - Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 - Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Banbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Brackley
Poor Law Union: Banbury
Hundred: Chipping Warden